Songs of Praise and Worship

Sunday 22 November 2015

Books of Job Chapter 3

BOOK OF JOB 

CHAPTER 

3



1. After this Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth. 2. Job said: 3. "Let the day perish in which I was born, and the night that said, 'A man-child is conceived."

(Job Chapter 3 verses 1 to 3)


Oh Jesus during such moments of stress we tend not to see clearly and end up placing the blame on ourselves without considering that the event that took place such as the death of a loved one may have been according to Your will, and that even though such an event has negative consequences, You still are able to bring out the positive on our behalf.


4. Let that day be darkness! May God above not seek it or light shine on it. 5. Let gloom and deep darkness claim it. Let clouds settle upon it; let the blackness of the day terrify it.

(Job Chapter 3 verses 4 to 5)


Although Job is feeling depressed due to his pain and agony, he is simply angry at himself and feeling sorry that he was ever born. As we all do in such situations of loss we may place the blame on ourselves and start cursing ourselves and even ask You oh God the reason why You created us, if we had to experience such bitter moments. Our logic during such moments is, as if we are better than others and therefore, do not deserve to experience such events. However in truth all that happens to us is according to Your will whether we like it or not.


5. Let gloom and deep darkness claim it. Let clouds settle upon it; let the blackness of the day terrify it.

(Job Chapter 3 verse 5)


What we say and how we say it reflects who we are and the state of mind that we are in at the time. Oh Jesus this is the same as what You said about the tree and its fruit. In a few minutes we can determine if a person is a positive or negative person. Oh God I pray that You will always be at the heart of our arguments. May we always include You and the way You think, reason and love when dialogue with others especially unbelievers or people who are passing through a tough time.


6. That night-let thick darkness seize it! let it not rejoice among the days of the year; let it not come into the number of the months.

(Job Chapter 3 verse 6)


Oh God when we are feeling downcast our spirits tend to be focused on ourselves and not on you. Even days that usually bring us joy tend to bring us sadness and unhappiness.


7. Yes, let that night be barren; let no joyful cry be heard in it.

(Job Chapter 3 verse 7)


Although Job is up to his ears in pain and sorrow he does not curse You in anger, but humbly places the blame upon himself and upon the day of his birth. However although it is natural reaction to blame oneself, on a long term this behaviour is very dangerous, for it breed both long term feelings of guilt and anger at oneself that could lead to long term negative consequences such as self-harm which in extreme can also lead to severe bodily harm or even death. Therefore as You forgive us of our sins we are already to forgive ourselves of our shortcomings.


With reference to this important issue of self-forgiveness I invite you to click on the following link:-

How to forgive our selves


8. Let those curse it who curse the Sea, those who are skilled to rouse up Leviathan.

(Job Chapter 3 verse 8)

According to Job who is still wallowing in a state of pain and anguish is still cursing the day of his birth and is asking that this day be cursed by those who are able to curse the sea and stimulate the old and ancient sea monster to act in horror and might. With reference to the Leviathan our on line sources have the following to share with us:-

The Leviathan


9. Let the stars of its dawn be dark;let it hope for light, but have none; may it not see the eyelids of the morning -10. because it did not shut the doors of my mother's womb, and hide trouble from my eyes.

(Job Chapter 3 verses 9 to 10)


During moments of crisis oh God I also felt like going back into my mother's womb, I also felt like wishing that I was never born, however when the situation improved, I thought otherwise and thanked You oh God for having included me as part of Your creation.


11. Why did I not die at birth, come forth from the womb and expire?

(Job Chapter 3 verse 11)


Oh Jesus this at times is also one of my questions, however in the harsh silence of the situation You answer this delicate question. God's answer is that You created me for a reason, one which at the time I may not understand. However You, see the big picture and has everything under control.


12. Why were there knees to receive me, or breasts for me to suck?

(Job Chapter 3 verse 12)


God answers "Because I love you so much that I care for you Job and Vince and many others and so I wanted you to be loved and nurtured for I want to use you to fulfil My will and be of an example for others.


13. Now I would be lying down and quiet; I would lying down and quiet; I would be asleep; then I would be at rest 14. with kings and counselors of the earth who rebuild ruins for themselves; 15. or with princes who have gold, or who fill their houses with silver.

(Job Chapter 3 verses 13 to 15)


Job wishes that he was dead and at rest. There was a time when I also wished that I was dead. I felt so depressed that I felt jealous for a dead person, because he is resting and I am still not. However this is a very selfish attitude of mine because before that person had reached his point of departure and merited eternal rest, that person also lived ones trials and tribulations.


16. Or why was I not buried like a stillborn child. like an infant that never sees the light? 17. There the wicked cease from troubling and there the weary are at rest.

(Job Chapter 3 verse 16 to 17)


Oh God many people hold the same opinion such as Job that on the point of death all comes to an end, however on the contrary death is not an end but a new beginning that continues from where we left on earth. Therefore now is the time to invest in our spiritual account that will be redeemed in Your presence with interest when we meet You in heaven.


18. There the prisoners are at ease together; they do not hear the voice of the taskmaster.

(Job Chapter 3 verse 18)


When we are deep in sorrow it as if we are experiencing death. Nobody can communicate with us verbally and in turn we cannot do so with others. We are all rowing the same boat that is going around in circles and getting nowhere. However as believers in You oh God we will dive out the boat of desperation and make the leap of faith and place our trust in You and the flame of hope will always burn in us.

19. The small and the great are there, and the slaves are free from their masters.

(Job Chapter 3 verse 19)


Oh God really and truly among the dead there is no discrimination because we all have to experience death. Moreover all source of power of rich over the poor will also come to an end There will be one ruler that is You and we will be all Your subjects and not employees of our worldly bosses or rulers.


20. "Why is light given to one in misery, and life to the bitter in soul, 21. who long for death, but it does not come, and dig for it more than for hidden treasures; 22. who rejoice exceedingly, and are glad when they find the grave?

(Job Chapter 3 verse 20 to 22)


Oh God when we are in job's depressive state of mind, we cannot distinguish light from darkness. Even though Job loved You and always placed You as a priority in his live You still permitted him to experience such moments of tribulation, however although he was undergoing such traumatic times Job did not curse You or turn against You. This is an example for me and all.


23. Why is light given to one who cannot see the way, whom God has fenced in? 24. For my sighing comes like my bread, and my groaning are poured out like water. 25. Truly the thing that I fear comes upon me, and what I dread befalls me. 26. I am not at ease, nor am I quiet; I have no rest; but trouble comes."

(Job Chapter 3 verses 23 to 26)


For those who are familiar with psychology, it is clear oh God that Job is referring to what is known as being the "Self-Fulfilling Prophecy" where our thoughts are supported by our feelings which are then transferred by actions. If I think or fear that if I go out on Friday the the 13th I will get run over by a car there is a high chance that this will happen. Fortune tellers make their profit by manipulating this theory against their own clients. In order to grasp the full concept and theoretical framework I invite you to click on the following link:-

Explaining the Self Fulfilling prophecy


Job says the things that I fear befall me and this is what in truth happens. The more we fear a situation oh God the more it happens to us. Therefore oh God instead of living these negative thoughts and feelings we are to feed our brains with positive scripts based on Your Gospel in order to counteract these negative thoughts and even negative people who in their negativity transmit and or impose their thoughts on others thus making us feel worse than ever. Therefore whenever we feel like disinfecting our souls and brains from negative concepts we can do so by means of positive citations based on the Bible. Again I invite you to click on the following link and let the messages flow into every part of your being so that we become positive thinkers and start living a holy and happy life as God meant it to be since the time of our creation.


Positive affirmations based on scripture



Oh God I would like to end this chapter with the following prayer:-

Oh God I would greatly like to thank You for the good works that You have permitted to happen and even for those that were not so nice. I believed that all that takes place in life happens for reasons that I do not always understand. However I am convinced that You are in the driving seat of my life, and I can never have a better driver than You. Forgive me oh God when I tried to do things my way instead of waiting on You. You know how much I find it hard to wait my Father and end up rushing situations and at times make them worse than they already are. I pray that You bless me with the gift of perseverance so that I will learn how to wait on You and be patient until You choose to deliver me from my situations. Amen.






  




No comments:

Post a Comment